Employees also referred to as Human Asset, are the backbone or would say strong pillars on which any organization run. And it is very critical for the organizations to know how efficiently they’ll be used. But how the organization will do this, sometimes become a challenge for them, as doing this manually could be fine if the strength of your company is just 10-15 people but it will not be possible in case when employee’s strength is in thousands and they are spanned across different locations.
Thanks to the IT technological advancements which brought some effective solution for this problem such as Employee Management Software or HR Payroll Software.
It is necessary to have such systems in place to ensure that employee should remain engaged in the assigned tasks, can perform well to their abilities, and hence performance can also be measured. Employee management is not a simple task, implementing any employee management software system will also require a thorough understanding of each & every aspect of the organization and its various functional departments.
So let’s check why the implementation of an Employee management software system or HR Payroll Software is necessary for any organization and what benefits it can bring in after implementation.
A. Modules of an Employee management software system or HR Payroll Software are:
- Employee Data/Details: Employees personal as well as professional details are kept here such as address, educational qualifications, emergency contact details, family, department or function in which they are working, project details, etc.
- Attendance & Time: Nowadays every organization has the Biometric attendance system to keep a track of the employee’s timings such as working hours, office in & out time, leaves, overtime details etc. This helps the organizations to process the payroll and track the performance of the employees. Attendance management System Pune provides the customized solutions for this.
- Self-service Portal- Employees self-service portal enables the employee to manage their personal as well as professional data. With this, they don’t need to run behind an HR person to get the pay slip, PF details, overtime details, tracking of leaves, attendance approvals etc.
- Organizational Updates & Notifications- In case an organization made new policy, want to introduce new employees, and has new company updates, and then they can do this through their Employee Management Software system or HR Payroll Software module, which make the communication across organization easy and timely.
- Task Assignment- This module helps you to assign the employees on projects, so that budgeting can be done and the working hours of the employee can be calculated.
- Appraisals & Performance Monitoring- When HR has all details pertaining to the employee like project details, number of working hours, attendance, project completion data, it becomes much easier for HR to track the performance of the employee and do the appraisals.
B. Benefits of Employee Management Software or HR Payroll Software
- Constructive feedback can be shared with employees on the basis of data available. It helps to the performance reviews in a much detailed way.
- Helps to motivate employees in both scenarios, if they are performing well then they can be encouraged more, and in case if they are not performing well, then a session can be taken with them to understand their issue and then motivating them to perform.
- Communication becomes more transparent and easy as sometimes due to workload and tight project schedules makes it difficult to communicate.
- Employee and reporting manager relationship also gets better as many things are already available in the system, which help the managers to assess the employee’s capability. And employees don’t need to provide clarifications and justifications.
Employee management software helps to reduce the burden of both HR and employees, as many things are readily available in the modules which are easy-to-use, that makes the organization performance much effective.